The Curtis Specialty Papers, Inc. site occupies approximately 105 acres and is located adjacent to the Delaware River in the Borough of Milford and Alexandria Township, Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
From 1907 to 1971, the Milford Mill was operated by the Riegel Paper Corporation. It was purchased by Riegel Paper Corporation in 1972, which later became part of the James River Paper Company, Inc. In 1995, the mill was bought by Crown Vantage, which operated it until 2001. In 2001, the mill was bought and operated by Curtis Papers, Inc. During the time the mill was in operation, the facility reported several spills on the property. The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection issued several notices of violation to the facility. In July 2003, the mill was shut down and, in November 2004, Curtis Paper, Inc. declared bankruptcy.
Photographed April 2016.