The Hamilton Uniform building, originally used as the Brick’s Mincemeat Factory starting around 1874, has been permanently closed down for an unknown amount of years. The factory has been in Crosswicks since 1874, and during World War II, the factory produced over 5 tons of mincemeat per day, the largest such mincemeat operation in the world.
The owners are hoping to sell this historic building. It would be wonderful if it could be renovated and maintain the original structure. There is also a local effort to save the small blacksmiths shop also on the property, as this is potentially older than the factory.
Photographed February 2016.